System Requirements and Installation for WWW-CrystPic
Recommended configuration for PC
In all cases, of course, AMD processor-based PC will be work also
- Minimal - (visualization of simple and middle complexity Models of crystal Structures or work only in polyhedra mode) - Pentium III/Celeron 700 MHz , VideoCard with RAM 4-8 Mb)
- Normal - Pentium IV/Celeron 1.4 GHz, Video Card with RAM 32 Mb and hardware support of OpenGL
- Optimal - Pentium IV more than 2 GHz, Video Card with > 64 Mb RAM (Nvidia or ATI recommended)
OS compatibility (tested yet):
WWW-CrystPic (3D-applet) requires to install additional program components (administration privilegies are required):
- Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7
- Linux (different) with X-Windows (GNOME/KDE)
Restart your PC (better!), return into WWW-MINCRYST, find the necessary Card of Crystal Phase and in "Card Menu" click item WWW-CrystPic 3D-Applet will be load in new window (usually in Full Screen Mode, but it is dependable from kind of WWW browser).
- SUN Java RunTime Environment (JRE) or SUN Java Development Kit
1.7 (Java 7 - for Win XP only) or 1.8 (Java 8 - recommended)
It is possible that they are already installed on your PC - look C:\Program Files\Java.
If there are folders with name similar "jre7" or "jdk7" ("jre8" or
"jdk8" for Java8), it means that SUN Java Virtual Machine is already installed on your PC and it is
possible pass to step 2.
If not - download distributive (about 60 Mb !) from
ORACLE Java website (Download JRE)
or from our site - JRE 7: 32
bit and 64-bit versions
(now - JRE 1.7u71) or JRE 8 (recommended): 32-bit and 64-bit version (JRE-1.8u101 at 19/07/2016).
After finishing of download close all applications and start this EXE
file(s) for SUN JVM installation (simplest way - with default options).
The best option - to establish both versions for 64-bit OS (the 32-bit is
Then you will find corresponding directories and files in folder C:\Program File\Java
(and C:\Program File (x86)\Java) , which further it is necessary for copying JAR-files on step 2.
- JAR-files for Runtime Java Library. Transfer this ZIP-file (about 350 Kb) to your download area,
extract JAR files and move them to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_101\lib\ext\ - or similar
(and C:\Program File\Java\jre1.8.0_101\lib\ext for 64 bit OS). (jre1.7 for Java 7)
Attention:If your Java VM updates the version on later, it remove this JAR files - please, transfer JAR files from previous C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_xxx\lib\ext to new location
If your have some Java installations, you must move this files to LATEST version.
- Windows DLLs for extending of OpenGL realization. Download this ZIP-file (450 Kb),
extract DLL files and move them to C:\Windows\System32\ under administration privilegies
- Go into the Windows 'Control Panel', find 'Java' shortcut, start, in
the section 'Security' allow "Java enable in browsers' and add in the field
'Edit Site List' sites 'http://database.iem.ac.ru' and 'http://mincryst.iem.ac.ru'.
Level of safety must be 'High' or
'Medium' (not 'Ultra High'!).
Attention: At start of an applet there will be a prevention of an insecurity - mark with a tick 'I accept risk... ' and
'OK'. Unfortunately, it will need to be done and in the subsequent sessions
(not inside single session).
Important: if you not allow "Cookies" in your WWW browser or didn't visit WWW-Crystpic during long time, at first time you again come to WWW-Crystpic description page, but in this case you can use reference in right upper angle - "Load applet"
Any questions to: Dmitry Varlamov